In case you didn't know, there are rumors that Disney has bought Lucasfilm and will make something like 137 new Star Wars movies.
I'll believe it when I see them ... all 137 of them.
In the meantime, I'm legally obligated to keep reporting every bit of new coming out of director J.J. Abrams secret desert fortress -- or maybe it's an English fortress.
Today's big news is that Josh Trank has been hired to direct one of the upcoming, stand-alone Star Wars films.
"We're thrilled to welcome Josh into the family," Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said Wednesday, in a statement. "He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX."
The 29-year-old direction of 2012's "Chronicle" is currently making a reboot of "The Fantastic Four." He also issued a statement, saying. "The magic of the Star Wars universe defined my entire childhood. The opportunity to expand on that experience for future generations is the most incredible dream of all time."
Last month, "Godzilla" director Gareth Edwards was hired to direct the first stand-alone film in the franchise, which is slated to hit theaters on Dec. 16, 2016.
And since we're here, "Star Wars: Episode VII" director J.J. Abrams took to Twitter on Wednesday to ask websites to knock off publishing unauthorized set photos and spreading rumors about plot details.
In a handwritten note, he said, "I wish people would stop leaking photos from Episode VII. And making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie. JJ."
Funny enough, the note sat on what appeared to be the Millennium Falcon's 3D game board from the first movie.