1. RUSSIA: ASSAD MULLING PRE-CONFERENCE MOVES
Syria may open humanitarian access and a prisoner exchange in the run-up to a peace conference with the opposition.
2. STATE MEMORIAL, FUNERAL FOR SHARON
The late prime minister is remembered as a fearless warrior and bold leader who devoted his life to protecting Israel's security.
3. NOT AT ALL WHERE YOU WANT TO BE
A Southwest Airlines jet from Chicago lands 124 passengers at the wrong airport near Branson, Mo.—and on a shorter runway.
4. PROTESTERS TRYING TO SHUT DOWN CENTRAL BANGKOK
Their efforts—peaceful so far—could last weeks as they campaign to overthrow the democratically elected prime minister.
5. SUPREME COURT WEIGHS PRESIDENT'S RECESS POWER
The high court is refereeing a dispute between Obama and Republicans over temporary appointments when the Senate is away.
6. HOW MICHELLE OBAMA DESCRIBES HERSELF
The first lady reaches a milestone Friday and she's already celebrating—saying she's "50 and fabulous."
7. TRANSPLANTED WOMBS RAISING HOPE IN SWEDEN
Doctors say nine women involved in the major experiment will now try to become pregnant.
8. WHY FORD IS MAKING A BIG CHANGE TO F-150 PICKUP
The 2015 model of the popular truck will be built mostly of aluminum—not steel—so it's more fuel-efficient and nimble.
9. WHO GLITTERED AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES
"American Hustle" and "12 Years a Slave" win best movie awards, while Tina Fey and Amy Poehler strike gold as hosts.
10. A-ROD IN COURT TO FIGHT SUSPENSION
The 14-time baseball All-Star accused in a performance-enhancing drugs probe will have to sit out all of the 2014 season unless an arbitrator's ruling is overturned