Smoke filled the intersection of Plum and Cherry streets at about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday due to a structure fire at 730 Plum St.

Official information on exactly how the fire started was not immediately available Tuesday afternoon. A resident who was in the house at the time the fire started said that she smelled smoke in the house and noticed it was coming from the living room.

She said that she could hear her pregnant dog, Lil' Bit, crying in the living room and called for her. She managed to rescue the dog and escape before she or her pup were injured.

Graham Fire Rescue responded to the scene and quickly had the situation under control.


More information on the fire will be reported in the Sunday edition of The Graham Leader.