GEIC, City Council move forward on job-saving plan

The Graham Economic Improvement Corp. board proposed a plan to keep 15 full-time jobs in Graham at MRI/ShockWatch (SpotSee), a move approved by the city council during two readings on Thursday, Jan. 25 and Thursday, Feb. 8.

The plan is a response to decisions made by MRI/ShockWatch, City Manager Brandon Anderson said during the Jan. 25 council meeting.

“MRI/Shockwatch has made some decisions within their executive branch that they were going to move all of their out of the United States (international) production to Mexico, which is 60 percent of what they do (here), so we were going to lose those jobs here regardless, but there were 15 full-time equivalent jobs (the remaining 40 percent of domestic business) that are out there right now that they were looking at signing a lease with a company or with a building in the Metroplex and moving to the Metroplex right there at the end of December,” he said.

SpotSee develops devices which monitor shock, vibration, temperature and other environmental conditions on items being shipped, as well as some that track damage that may have occurred during shipping. SpotSee is headquartered in Dallas, but has operations in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Shanghai, Mexico City, Chihuahua and Graham.

For the rest of this story, subscribe to our print or online edition.

The Graham Leader

GRAHAM OFFICE
620 Oak Street
P.O. Box 600
Graham, Texas 76450
Phone: (940) 549-7800
Fax: (940) 549-4364