• Fire swept through this two-story apartment shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, gutting it and causing serious injuries to a man who was trapped and had to jump out an upstairs window to safety. He was air-flighted to a Metroplex hospital with burns and possible broken bones, Graham Fire Chief Jerry David said. (Leader photo by Brenda Sommer)

Man seriously injured in Tuesday morning blaze

A man had to be taken by helicopter to a Metroplex hospital Monday night after fire broke out in a Graham apartment complex.

Graham Fire Chief Jerry David said Tuesday morning that a blaze erupted shortly before 1 a.m. in the back patio of apartment 122 at the Indiana Crossing Apartments, located at Indiana and Shawnee streets. Firefighters contained the blaze to that apartment, although the two adjacent apartments sustained smoke and water damage. Their residents were not injured in the fire.

Three people – two women and a man – were in the apartment at the time of the fire. While the women were able to escape, the man was trapped upstairs, so leapt from a window. He has possible broken bones and burns over a significant portion of his body, David said. The victim’s name had not been released as of presstime Tuesday.

For the rest of this story, subscribe to our print or online edition.

The Graham Leader

GRAHAM OFFICE

620 Oak Street

P.O. Box 600

Graham, Texas 76450
Phone: (940) 549-7800

Fax: (940) 549-4364